Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Feathered Edge is out!


Some years ago, I began editing anthologies, "sitting on the other side" of the editorial desk, as it were. I had a wonderful time, made a ton of mistakes, did a lot of things right, made some splendid friends, and had even more fun inviting writers I'd long admired. But the publishing world is bumpy and unpredictable, and I found myself with a completed anthology and no publisher -- and a climate in which I got told over and over, "no one is buying anthologies."

But I did not give up. For one thing, this one was so splendid, so delicious -- funny, heart-breaking, romantic, derring-do-ish, action-packed stories from amazing writers -- that I could not simply walk away from it. Judith Tarr, one of the contributors, called it, "lovely lush fantasy." So I got stubborn. And kept trying. And...


Voila!
 
Brand new from Sky Warrior Books!

Here's the Table of Contents:
FEATHERWEIGHT by Kari Searing
THE ART OF MASKS by Sherwood Smith
CULVERELLE by Sean McMullen
FORTUNE'S STEPCHILD by Sheila Finch
THE WOMAN WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH THE HORNED KING by Judith Tarr
A WREATH OF LUCK by Madeleine E. Robins
EMBERS by Shannon Page & Jay Lake
QUESTION A STONE by Tanith Lee
A SWAIN OF KNEADED MOONLIGHT by Dave Smeds
FIRE AND FROST AND BURNING ROSE by Rosemary Hawley Jarman
THE GARDEN OF SWORDS by K. D. Wentworth
BLUE VELVET by Diana E. Paxson
OUTLANDER by Samantha Henderson

You can buy it from Barnes & Noble or amazon.com (although for some algorithmic reason, amazon picked the name of one of the contributors as the author).
Just for you lovely people, I'll be doing a blog series, talking about each story, with tidbits here and there about how I came to work with that author. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment