Wednesday, May 24, 2023

[Brag] A Lovely Review of Jewels of Darkover

 Proud editor grin!

From Charles Gipson on Amazon:

I have been a huge fan of Marion Zimmer Bradley's books since I was a teeenager... and have read almost every book she had published. The Darkover series have always been special to me... and I have read them all multiple times.

There has been some controversy about "fan-fiction" and other authors that wanted to write stories in the Darkover world... and it was limited just a few authors initially. I have not read most of the anthologies (but I will be correcting that, as if they are anything like Jewels of Darkover... I will love them as much as Bradley's original works)

Jewels of Darkover has a lot of authors who contributed... and they must all be real Darkover fans, as the stories "fit" and expand the written lore of Darkover very well. Some of the stories explore themes that I do not remember from any of the original novels, or that were just hinted at, and make for wonderful reading. Very interesting stuff to say the least.

I will also be researching some of the authors who contributed... and seeing what else they have written, that I want to add to my book collection... this is always a great plus when I read anthologies that are put together nice

No comments:

Post a Comment