Monday, April 26, 2021

New! Single Short Fiction Stories

 

Single Short Fiction Stories
 
In the past few years, I've put together collections of my short fiction (Transfusion and Other Tales of Hope; Pearls of Fire, Dreams of Steel; Azkhantian Tales). Now I've embarked on a different project: stand-alone single stories that can be read in a single sitting. The first five have never appeared in a collection, although they are reprints from recent volumes of Sword and Sorceress.
 

The first one, a novelette entitled, "Four Paws To Light My Way," features a blind swordswoman and her guide dog. The inspiration was our last German Shepherd Dog, a retired seeing eye dog named Tajji. Tajji was not only an amazing companion but a teacher, and I learned so much about what seeing eye dogs can do and the freedom and empowerment they bestow upon their humans.
 
Tajji (2004-2016)

I read the opening aloud at a pre-pandemic convention and everyone wanted to hear more. A few clamored for an entire novel about Jian and Dog. "Four Paws To Light My Way" will release on May 1, 2021, and is available now for pre-order. The others will follow at monthly intervals.

Four Paws To Light My Way (May 1, 2021)
The Poisoned Crown (June 1, 2021)
"The Fallen Man" (July 1, 2021)
The Girl From Black Point Rock (August 1, 2021)
Sage Mountain (September 1, 2021 -- not yet available for pre-order)


Eventually, I'll put them all together in a new collection. Stay tuned for further news!

As a special treat, and to launch this project, please enjoy this excerpt from "Four Paws To Light My Way."

No comments:

Post a Comment