Saturday, August 31, 2013

"The Hero of Abarxia"

I'm so glad to see When The Hero Comes Home 2 is now available, partly because I'm tickled to be in an anthology with some amazing writers, and partly because my story, "The Hero of Abarxia," is a special favorite of mine. All right, I confess, all my stories have their places in my heart. Why would I submit anything less than a story I'm in love with myself?

In my novel-length work, I'd been revisiting my love of horses and the horse characters (one might say, the horse heroes) in The Seven-Petaled Shield, most particularly the middle volume, Shannivar, due out in December from DAW. So when this anthology opened up, that part of my creative mind pricked her ears, tossed her mane, and invited me to come for a gallop. And what a ride it was! This was one of those stories that just writes itself. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it!

The anthology is edited by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood, and also features stories by Chaz Brenchley, Mercedes Lackey, Juliette Wade, Cliff Winnig, Fanny Darling, and a whole bunch of other fine writers. The ebook edition contains bonus stories not found in the print version, and it's available now at a discounted price.

epub/Nook version.

mobi/Kindle version.

No comments:

Post a Comment